The UO Libraries offer a number of digital scholarship services. The DSC can help coordinate the following services and resources:
- Digital strategies-related project management expertise and services for research and development
- Consultation center with project management expertise and advising in a range of platforms and tools used in digital scholarship
- Expertise from subject librarians with knowledge of disciplinary practice, scholarly communication, and field-specific digital resources
- Educational technology services and active teaching and learning classrooms, to facilitate innovation in teaching and learning.
- Digital production services, including digitization, video/media production
- Collection and metadata standards, information standards expertise, knowledge organization and management
- Digital publishing services: hosting, dissemination, and preservation services for faculty research and scholarship, through the use of UO’s institutional repository and other Library-based systems
- Extensive data services, including numeric and spatial data, and research data management services.
- Visualization and MakerSpace capabilities mainly centered in the new Price Science Commons (PSC), and related training and services
- A new Academic Design and Innovation Lab, which will be created in 2017-2018. This lab will serve as the innovation space and consulting space for the University’s collaborative DSC and educational technology experimentation, research, and teaching efforts involving digital scholarship, research data, and primary sources documents, artifacts, and art objects. The lab will also be used to hold seminars on digital scholarship tools and systems for the UO community
- Curatorial expertise and distinctive special collections, archives, and other artifacts would be available from the UO Libraries’ Special Collections and University Archives unit. Special undergraduate and graduate internships will also available and connected to the work of the DSC
- Strong library infrastructure providing enterprise-level digital presentation systems, digital library platforms, and online learning systems, and centralized access to programmers/developers and designers who will work on digital humanities/social sciences projects
Learn more about UO Libraries' suite of digital scholarship services and resources. »